Written by MyHow
Download Fonts from Dafont
If you are tired of using the same old Microsoft Word fonts and want to jazz-up your printing or writing style, you might want to start using fonts from Dafont.com. The fonts that Dafont offers are cool, original and what’s really great is that they are free. User won't have to spend a dime to use them. This article will discuss how to download Dafont.com onto computers that work with two of the most popular operating systems out there.
How to install a Dafont on Microsoft Windows
Installing the Dafont program on Microsoft Windows is pretty straightforward. All you have to do is pull up Dafont.com on your browser. Then click on the 'Download' button.
- Click on one of the font categories
- Go down onto the next page and choose the fonts that you like the most
- Click on 'Download' in the right corner
- Save your preferred font to 'Downloads' or anywhere else you'd like on your computer
- Extract the file that has the font's name
- Drag the font file that has the two letters AND the file that has old file that you extracted to the "Fonts" file.
Windows is supposed to be able to manage around 1,000 fonts but it is best to load only a few at a time because a lot of programs have to load the fonts into their memories and if too many are loaded at once it could slow the system down. It is best to load only the fonts that you will use on a regular basis.
How to Install Dafont using Mac OS X
- Double click on the font file, click the ‘Install’ font button at the bottom of the preview
- Under Mac OS X 10.3 or above(including the Font Book)
Double-click the font file > "Install font" button at the bottom of the preview
- Put the font into the fonts library
- Then drag the fonts into theSystem The system will propose you to add them to the Font folder.
Are you ready for some new, really interesting fonts? If Times New Roman or Arial are not appealing to you anymore, then allow Dafont to offer you some cool alternatives. There are tens of beautiful variants you can choose from. Make your pick and personalize the way you write!