Written by MyHow
Clear your browser cacheHave you ever wondered why your browser becomes slow and hangs often? Cache in your browser is piling up. Browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari tend to load and store files and images in the cache memory. The purpose is to enable easy access of the content when revisited in the same browser. It is important to clear cache memory to fasten your browser. Here is how to do it:
Google Chrome is increasingly growing its user base since its inception. With inbuilt flash player, it preloads content to the browser hence building its cache faster. To clear it:
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to Menu button on the upper right corner of the browser
‘ Menu‘>‘More tools’
- On the more tools button , click on Clear browsing data
‘More tools’ > ‘Clear browsing data’
- A list of options will be displayed. Choose the best depending on what you want to clear.
- Specify the duration of browsing data to be cleared
- Select cached images and files to clear cache.
- Press clear browsing data
There you go you have just cleared cache in your browser. It is that simple
Firefox is the most widely used browser because of its simplicity and user friendliness. It is important to clear cache for faster browser workability. Take a look at how to clear its cache:
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the Menu button on top right hand corner of the browser.
- Choose ‘Options’ on the side bar appearing.
- On Mac choose the Preferences button and continue
- On the left bar click on ‘Privacy’ You will see ‘Clear recent browsing history’
- Click on the button and choose cache to clear in the Details drop down section.
- Click clear now and your browser cache will be gone!
For Safari browser, the procedure for cache clearing is pretty much the same. Here is how to clear its browser cache:
- Open your Safari browser.
- On the left hand side of the browser, click on Safari button and Preferences in the bar appear
- Go the privacy tab in the preferences section and click on it.
- It displays Remove all website data , choose on the best options to clear
- Click Remove now Button and there you go your cache data is cleared.
It is important to clear your browser cache in all browsers to enhance browser experience. Next time you see your browser hangs or slows, think of clearing you browser cache.